The government of various states is encouraging the students to opt for higher education. In some of the schemes, the government is providing financial benefits to the students in one form or the other for studying and in other schemes the government is providing with other benefits. In this scheme, the government is offering a Scooty to all the girls’ student who is in college.
The Scooty will be given to the toppers of class 8th, 10th, and 12th. In this article, we have listed all the details of the scheme so that everyone can avail the benefits of the scheme.
What is the scheme all about?
As per the scheme, the people can register for the scheme and they can then get the Scooty as per the eligibility criteria. This will enable students to get an affordable mode of transportation. The government will also provide 2 litres of petrol and insurance cover for a year for the Scooty. In addition to the benefits mentioned above, the government will also be able to encourage girls to opt for higher education. Apart from this, there are other benefits of the scheme as well which are listed below.
How will the scheme work?
Once the student registers for the scheme and once she gets selected, the student will get the financial benefit along with the Scooty. The financial benefit associated with the scheme is Rs 10,000 for the girls who are opting for their graduation and the financial benefit associated with the scheme is Rs 20,000 for the girls who are opting for their post-graduation. The scheme will eventually ensure that all the girls are opting for graduation or post-graduation. The application procedure will start on 10th October 2017 and the last date for the application procedure is 9th November 2017.
What is the Eligibility criteria for the scheme?
The eligibility criteria for the scheme is mentioned below
- The girl should be a permanent resident of Rajasthan and she should also belong to OBC category.
- The girl’s family should not be greater than Rs 2 lakh and the girl whose family’s annual income is more than Rs 2 Lakh is not eligible to avail the benefit of the scheme.
- The girl should have also scored over 50% in 12th class to get a Scooty and the girl should have scored over 55% to get the cash reward.
How to apply for the scheme?
The application procedure for the scheme is
- The first step of the procedure is to open the website of Rajasthan government. You can visit the website by clicking here.
- After visiting the website, start the registration process by clicking on the tab of Scholarship.
- You would also need certain documents like Aadhaar Card, Income Certificate, Caste Certificate, Certificate of Regular Study and details of Bank Account.
What are the benefits of the scheme?
The benefits of the scheme is mentioned below
- The scheme will provide financial benefits to the students and hence they can pay their fee with the incentive which will eventually reduce the financial burden on the family.
- The girl will also get the Scooty which can help her in commuting from college to home or hostel. This will reduce her dependency on public transport.
- The scheme will encourage girls to opt for higher education.
Who will back the plan?
The plan is being backed by the state government of Rajasthan
Details of the scheme
- Scheme Name –Rajasthan Free Scooty Scheme 2017 – 2018
- Budget For scheme – NA
- Scheme Launched by –Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje
Is this the way forward for the nation?
The scheme will surely encourage the people to opt for higher education but the government should have the scheme to improve the public transport infrastructure as that would help all the people in commuting instead of helping a specific sector of people. The funds should be routed properly to benefit the mass for the proper growth of the nation.